When signing the UN Principles for Responsible Investment in October 2012, G Square subscribed to the ten principles of the UN Global Compact:
- Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Make sure that they are not complicit in human right abuses.
- Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- The effective abolition of child labour; The elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
6. Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
7. Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility;
8. Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
9. Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
10. G Square have defined and implemented an ESG policy both for its own operations and for the management of the funds.
G Square actively implement the six Principles for Responsible Investment in its practice:
- Principle 1: We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- Principle 2: We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- Principle 3: We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- Principle 4: We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- Principle 5: We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- Principle 6: We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
G Square portfolio company design their own bespoke ESG policy: they select the priorities and indicators the most relevant to their business, and implement an action plan which ensures continuous progress on these dimensions